Potential (more info)
Patented for "Learning, Academic Performance & Behavior"
US Patent #7,771,756
Brain Supplements for Students
A delicious, chewable multi-vitamin, Potential offers astute parents and kids a distinctive advantage over other mass market chewable vitamins. Potential is the very first patented, natural chewable multivitamin for kids, designed specifically to support academic performance, learning and behavior. These brain supplements for students have been independently tested under university supervision, and since 2000, Potential has been dispensed daily to thousands of US school children to support academic performance and behavior.
Click here to watch the documentary that aired on PBS called "How to Turn Around a Failing School" in which Potential was dispensed to students.
Special Features of Supplements for Brain Health & More:
Natural Sweeteners: We use a small amount of monk fruit, high purity natural stevia leaf extract and brown rice syrup for a delicious natural sweetness that brings out the delicious natural berry flavor.
900+ Panel of Hazardous Chemicals: Subjected to The Most Comprehensive Testing Available: Potential has been subjected to one of the most comprehensive testing panels available, covering over 900 analytes for hazardous chemicals including pesticides/herbicides, drugs, environmental toxins and endocrine disruptors to ensure that Potential™ provides the cleanest, natural dietary supplementation for your child. To our knowledge, no other kids' vitamin is as rigorously tested.
Natural Vitamin K-2 for Healthy Bones: Unlike any other kid’s vitamins on the market, Potential has an additional important form of Vitamin K, called Vitamin K2. The dose of Vitamin K2 in Potential is recommended by published clinical research which observed Vitamin K2’s ability to support healthy bones in children. More research concludes that healthy bone density later in life begins in childhood. Between the Vitamin K-1 & Vitamin K-2 in Kids Potential, your child will receive 100% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin K in two forms. A double blind randomized controlled trial of pre-pubertal children demonstrated that 45mcg of Vitamin K-2 per day has a beneficial impact on important measures of bone health.
You can access the abstract here. There are 52 published human clinical trials on vitamin K-2 accessible at the NIH National Library of Medicine website.
Higher RDA for Vitamin D-3: We've increased the Vitamin D-3 content from 400 IU to 600 IUs because the Institute of Medicine has officially increased the Recommended Daily Allowance. We're one of the very first companies to increase the Vitamin D content in kid’s dietary supplements because we believe it is important to stay current with scientific research that shows we all need more Vitamin D in our diet.
An important paper was recently published on the link between Vitamin D status and allergies in children. The investigators reported that children with marginal vitamin D levels had a higher tendency to allergy for 11 of 17 common allergens, including both environmental and food allergens. In an interview, the lead author commented “The latest dietary recommendations calling for children to take in 600IU of vitamin D daily should keep them from becoming vitamin D deficient.” You can access this abstract here.
To emphasize the importance of maintaining adequate vitamin D levels, beyond bone health, here is another recent cross-sectional study of children 4-18 years old.
Super Fruits & Berries: We've augmented our antioxidant fruit blend to include pomegranate, blackberry and Patagonian Maqui berry, as part of our comprehensive polyphenol/Anthoflavone Complex. Also included: grape, citrus, decaffeinated green tea, bilberry, blueberry, dark sweet cherry, cranberry, elderberry, raspberry & rose hips, wild bilberry, blueberry, cranberry, grape, cherry, raspberry and red Concord grapeskin. This new Berry Blast flavor is the best ever – kids love it.
Potential is Always Free of Artificial Colors, Flavors & Preservatives: U.S. regulators are weighing a question parents have asked since the 1970s: do artificial food dyes make children hyperactive? The CSPI (Center for Science in the Public Interest) has petitioned the government to ban blue, green, orange, red and yellow food colorings. The synthetic dyes are common in food and drinks ranging from PepsiCo’s Gatorade, Cheetos and Doritos to Kellogg’s Eggo waffles and Kraft’s Jell-O desserts.
How Hungry is Your Child?
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A 45 SECOND VIDEO
Your kids would need to eat ALL these foods daily to meet the nutrition in just 1 serving of Potential:
- 9 eggs (Vitamin A)
- 6 fresh oranges (Vitamin C)
- 5 cups of 2% milk (Vitamin D3)
- 2 cups of almonds (Vitamin E)
- 1 1/4 cups of blueberries (Vitamin K1)
- Natto (Japanese fermented soy) (Vitamin K2)
- 4 1/2 cups of cooked lentils (Vitamin B1)
- 4 cups of cooked spinach (Vitamin B2)
- 5.3 oz of canned tuna (Vitamin B3)
- 5 cups of cooked soybeans (Vitamin B6)
- 2 1/2 cups of brussels sprouts (Folate)
- 1/2 lb of ground beef (Vitamin B12)
- ~30 oz. of liver (Biotin)
- 9 cups of plain yogurt (Pantothenic acid)
- 6 oz. of 2% milk (Calcium)
- 6 cups of cooked peas (Iron)
- 4 1/2 oz. of cod (Iodine)
- 7 1/2 oz. roasted turkey (Magnesium)
- 12 oz. part skim ricotta cheese (Zinc)
- 7 oz. sockeye salmon (Selenium)
- 1 cup of canned white beans (Copper)
- 1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms (Manganese)
- 5 1/2 cups of broccoli (Chromium)
- 25 bananas (Molybdenum)
- 22 medium apples (Silicon)
- 5 oz. farmed salmon fillet (Taurine)
Feedback on Potential Supplements for Brain Health:
- Teachers say that the classroom is quieter and more focused
- Principals report significantly fewer office referrals for anti-social behavior
- Parents notice that their kids seem calmer, more in-control and able to learn
- Standardized test scores reflect significant improvement testing scores
- One grandparent commented that her typically distracted grandchild was finally able to sit calmly, focus and finish his work
- It is no surprise – Potential supplements for concentration are designed to support brain function - impacting academics and behavior. Help your kids succeed with Potential™ today!
History of our Supplements
Schools evaluated the impact of nutrition on behavior, memory and academic performance. Objective test results showed that nutritional support made a significant, positive impact on how well children learned, retained information for testing and behaved in the classroom. Students who took Potential™ had improved standardized test scores, as well as a significant reduction in anti-social behavior.
The first study school where Potential was introduced experienced a 95% reduction in office referrals - meaning teachers and administrators could use their time to teach and improve curriculum because the kids were behaving, following the rules and focusing on academics instead of distraction. This school, which could not meet testing benchmarks consistently, achieved the highest score in the school district in Math and the second highest in English during state testing in the first year that Potential™ was included in the turnaround program called, Eat, Exercise, Excel.
Beneficial Outcomes After Year 1:
- #1 in school district in Math, meeting benchmark for 10 years in advance
- #2 in school district for English, meeting benchmark for 10 years in advance
- 13 fold improvement in physical fitness (40 kids met Presidential Physical Fitness standards, vs. 3 in previous year)
- 95% Reduction in Referrals for anti-social behavior
- 80% Reduction in Out of School suspensions
- 97% Reduction in Suspension for Violence
- Teachers report less difficulty managing classroom
- 80% Reduction in teacher attrition
- Reduced absenteeism for teachers & students
- Volunteers & community partnerships increased
- Parent-Teacher Organization reactivated for the 1st time in 10 years
After seeing a former failing school rise from the bottom of school district’s testing scores to the top, every other school in this district wanted to include Potential™ as part of their programs. When consistently taken, the results were the same – Potential™ memory supplements improve academic performance, behavior and more. Kids feel better, have a more positive attitude and perform better academically with balanced nutrition. Potential™ provides important nutrients of a balanced diet that not all children have.
Former failing schools experienced such remarkable turnaround within just one school year PBS filmed a documentary on this program called, How to Turn Around a Failing School. A FOX News broadcast in 2006 interviewed parents, children and teachers about long term results. Their investigation documented that the dramatic changes experienced in the first year were lasting and profound.
Supplements for Concentration, Naturally support Children’s Academic Performance
Potential is formulated to provide the vital nutrients kids need during growth and is designed for a kid’s palate and parents’ discriminating taste.
What We Don't Give You:
- NO Aspartame (artificial sweetener common in some mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Sucrose (white sugar common in mass market Kids Vitamins & Gummy products)
- NO Saccharin (artificial sweetener common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Sorbitol (artificial sweetener)
- NO Acesulfame potassium (artificial sweetener common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Sucrolose (artificial sweetener)
- NO Fructose (implicated in childhood obesity, common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Gluten (allergen)
- NO Wheat (allergen)
- NO Milk or lactose (allergens)
- NO Nuts (tree or ground - allergens)
- NO Yeast (allergen)
- NO Soy (allergen)
- NO Starch (allergen common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Corn (allergen)
- NO Egg (allergen)
- NO Caffeine or other stimulants (unnecessary additives)
- NO Hydrogenated oil (trans fat common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO FD&C Blue #2 Lake (artificial color common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake (artificial color color common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake (artificial color common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Artificial Flavors (synthetic additives common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Sodium Benzoate (preservative common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Butylated Hydroxytoluene (preservative common in mass Market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Synthetic Vitamin E (synthetic vitamin common in mass market Kids Vitamins)
- NO Herbal Stimulants
- NO Caffeine
- NO Animal Products
- Potential is a dietary supplement and is intended to be used as a part of a whole body wellness program. Potential is administered by schools to thousands of US school children daily and is not a substitute for a balanced diet or exercise.
Special Ingredients in Potential You Won't Find in Mass Market Vitamins*
Important Antioxidants from High ORAC Fruit Concentrates*
Not only do high ORAC fruit & berry concentrates provide delicious natural flavor and color, they provide essential, concentrated antioxidant supplementation from natural whole food sources. High ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) antioxidants from fruits & berries have been shown to be beneficial for healthy brain and nerve function and behavior. We developed a proprietary blend of High ORAC fruit & berry extracts not typically found in commercial multi-vitamins for kids. The fruit & berry concentrates in Potential™ are a custom blend designed to meet the needs of the original research study to support learning, memory and healthy brain function.*
"50% of children in the US consume the USDA recommended number of servings in any given pyramid group and 80% DO NOT EAT the recommended number of nutrient rich fruits and vegetables." - US Dept. of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service, Family Economics & Nutrition Review, Trends in Food & Nutrient Intakes by Children in the US.
Dietary Flavonoids & Memory, Learning & Cognitive Performance*
Emerging evidence suggests that dietary flavonoids have the potential to improve human memory and neurocognitive performance via their ability to protect neurons, enhance neuronal function and stimulate neuronal regeneration.
All Natural, Not Synthetic Form of Vitamin E*
Potential contains all natural, full spectrum Vitamin E – one of the most expensive ingredients in any multi-vitamin. Potential contains mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols which each play an important role as antioxidants and are more fully utilized by the body than synthetic (dl form) Vitamin E. Because Potential relies on food source nutrients; the Vitamin E in Potential is the very same full spectrum Vitamin E you would find in fresh, wholesome foods. The bio-potency of natural Vitamin E is twice that of synthetic Vitamin E. While synthetic Vitamin E is cheaper and is typically used in mass market kids vitamins, you won't find it in Potential. Read more here.
The body only uses the natural, D-Form of Vitamin E. Since there really is no body of research to clarify what happens to the L-form (synthetic form) of Vitamin E, and our bodies are not designed to accept the synthetic form, the long term implications are unknown. The L-form (synthetic) is used in most commercially available kid’s multi-vitamins, but not in Potential.
Full Spectrum Forms = Complete Supplementation*
Potential contains multi-source forms of ingredients to ensure full spectrum nutrition. For example, commercially available products may contain beta carotene, but not all other (or full spectrum) carotenoids. In a balanced diet, kids would get full spectrum vitamin supplementation. Since we know that kids do not generally eat balanced diets, Potential provides full spectrum, supplemental nutrition. Instead of just beta carotene, Potential provides beta carotene with mixed carotenoids.
Active Forms = Better for Most Bodies*
Potential contains the "Active Form" of vitamins so that the body doesn't need to make the conversion. Genetic differences in the population cause some individuals to have difficulty making these conversions. "Active Forms" do all the work for you. These forms are more expensive, but we use them in Potential for the kids' benefit. Several examples are: Potential contains two forms of Vitamin B-12 (methylcobalamin is an expensive form), phosphorylated (Active) forms of Vitamin B2, B6, Niacin, Niacinamide, two different forms of Vitamin C (fat soluble & water soluble) and full spectrum, mixed carotenoids as they would occur in a balanced diet.
Full Spectrum Minerals*
Minerals are generally not palatable and are also difficult to absorb. Potential provides a broad range of multi-source minerals which are designed for palatability and provide a diversity of nutritional sources, similar to our omnivorous diet. Each chewable wafer provides a broad spectrum of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, chromium and molybdenum.
Potential also provides:
- Selenium – an important antioxidant for brain function which is not typically found in mass market kids' vitamins.
- A unique form of iron – which a critical nutrient for developing brains. Many popular mass market kid’s vitamins, like gummies are missing this essential nutrient for growing kids.
- Taurine – an amino acid that plays many roles in brain metabolism -- both as a protective nutrient against environmental toxis, but also in brain chemistry regulating nerve function, neurotransmitter activity and behavior.
- No Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives
Many experts and parents believe that some ingredients are nutritionally unnecessary, especially for children, and result in undesirable behavior and other negative effects. A study published in the Lancet Medical Journal documents the negative impact of food additives on behavior in children. Which is why POTENTIAL DOES NOT CONTAIN ARTIFICIAL COLORS, FLAVORS OR PRESERVATIVES
The “Skinny" on Childhood Obesity: How our Western Environment Starves Kids' Brains Emergence of the Metabolic Syndrome in Childhood: An Epidemiological Overview and Mechanistic Link to Dyslipidemia
Investing in the Future - We donate a portion of our profits to support the nutritional needs of at risk children, because every child deserves a chance.
LOVE HOW YOU FEEL®
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Potential is not intended as a treatment for ADD/ADHD or to replace any prescribed medications for ADD/ADHD.